What does deep cleaning involve?
You know your own home best and how you want it. A number of standard tasks are always included in our deep cleaning service, but we’re happy to work with you on a list that means you get exactly what you want. We dust, clean around white goods, vacuum and air all the rooms, wet mop the floors and do much more besides. We usually spend extra time on the kitchen and bathrooms, as they can require a proper expert clean, but we’ll tailor the deep cleaning to your wishes. In deep cleaning, we also properly clean areas that are high up or difficult to access.
As part of the deep cleaning service, you can also book:
- Window cleaning
- Deep cleaning of rugs/carpets, sofas, armchairs and beds
- Laundry, ironing and textile care
- Dusting of books
- Changing bedding (fresh bedding must be supplied)
- Internal cleaning of fridge/freezer (freezer must be defrosted)
- Internal cleaning of kitchen cupboards and drawers
- Polishing silver
- Other requests
We have a customer satisfaction guarantee!
In the unlikely event that you’re not happy with the result of the deep cleaning service, contact us within 48 hours and we’ll put things right.
A few tips before a deep cleaning:
- To do as good a job as possible on the deep cleaning, we would like as much as possible to be tidied away before we arrive.
- If you want us to clean behind white goods, please pull them out (and then push them back after the cleaning).
- If you want us to clean under the bath, lift off the bath panel (and then put it back once we’re done).
- You also need to remove the glass from the oven door and then put it back yourself, if you want us to clean between the panes.
Checklist for deep cleaning
- Dust horizontal surfaces, including above cupboards
- Vacuum fabric-covered furniture, rugs/carpets, floors and skirting
- Wipe cupboard doors, radiators, ceiling vents, sockets, light switches, architraves, frames, mouldings, doors and door handles
- Polish mirrors
- Empty waste baskets (combustibles and compostables)
- Dust picture frames and lamps
- Remove marks from and mop floors
Same tasks as above, plus:
- Clean tiles above sink
- Clean extractor fan/hood, filter and safety glass
- Clean microwave, oven, hob inside and out
- Wipe down household appliances
- Wipe down outside of fridge/freezer/dishwasher
- Clean kitchen bin
- Wipe down dining table and chairs
- Clean kitchen sink, drainer and tap
Same tasks as for living areas, plus:
- Clean bath and shower cubicle
- De-scale floor/walls/shower screen
- Clean floor drains
- Clean walls and visible pipes
- Clean outsides of bathroom furniture
- Clean inside/outside of sink
- Clean inside/outside of toilet
- Dust, vacuum, wipe and mop clear surfaces
- Vacuum above washing machine/tumble dryer, wipe outsides of the machines
- Clean detergent drawer
- Clean filter in tumble dryer
- Clean sink, drainer and tap
It depends, of course, on the size of your home, as well as how it is furnished, its layout and whether there are items that need to be handled in a particular way. If you have any special requests, talk to us! We’re happy to adapt deep cleaning to your needs.
No, you don’t have to worry about that. For deep cleaning, we bring along everything we need to complete the job. However, we would be grateful if, when you make the booking, you could tell us whether you have a vacuum cleaner and/or stepladder available, so we don’t bring one unnecessarily.
There aren’t really any major preparations, but the more things have been tidied away, the faster the deep cleaning will be. If you have a stepladder at home, please tell us beforehand and leave it out for us! Otherwise, we’ll bring our own.